Mail Call!
Here the latest from the frozen north.
Daddy,
Things are going well here in the frozen north. Temperatures have been hanging out between -10 and 10 for the past couple of days so it's kind of chilly here, but Mum sent me a bunch of handwarmers in my Christmas/Valentine's package so I'm doing okay. :D Plus, when Sister Sloan came over here from Eagle River she found my fleece lined hat in the trunk of her car so that makes me happy. :D
We had a Zone breakfast and then went to the Temple. That's why I'm emailing today; when we go to the temple we move our pday to whatever day we go. We also just had Zone Conference on Tuesday - it was SO GOOD! :D It was all about the Book of Mormon, it was GREAT! Sister Sloan was asked to arrance a musical number for it so we grabbed the Zone Leaders and the sisters out in Eagle River to come do it with us. Elders Cope and Maddern and Sister Sloan and I sang "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" and Sister Mu'a played the piano and her companion, Sister Judd, turned the pages for her. lol, it was a group effort. It was really good though! I'll have to get us together to sing it again and record it to send home.
Bonnie D. Parkins, in last Conference's Releif Society session, said something that Sister Sloan and I say alot;"I can do hard things!" That's my motto now for my mission. It's hard work, but I've got God and Christ on my side so..."I can do hard things!"
I'm getting along great with Sister Sloan! We have so much fun together! We both love tracting so we should do alot of that in the next couple of weeks - yay! I met Sister Sloan my first transfer because her companion finished her mission half-way through the transfer and went home so we were in a trio there for a couple of days. During this time as a trio, and afterwards when our companionships would spend Pday together, we determined that we should never be companions because we've both seen too many of the same movies and musicals and we would just have too much fun together. So, the Monday before transfer calls we went into the office to get some things and Sister Sloan and I popped our heads into the Assistant's office to say hello and offer them some advice.
Sisters: So, we know trasnfers are in a week so we wanted to let you know that we've come to the realization that we can never be companions.
Elder Lyman: Why? Do you not like each other?
Sisters: No! We love eachother, that's why we can't be companions - we'd have too much fun and end up being apostate!
Elder Callister: (scrutinizing gaze) There's something shady going on here...
Sisters: We're serious, we just thought we should warn you so the mission will still succeed....
Then came transfer calls on Saturday...
President Lewis: Sister Barrett, you're staying in Chugach Foothills and Sister Sloan is coming to be your companion.
Me: ...are you serious?...(the Assistants are laughing in the background at this point..)President: Dead serious Sister Barrett.
Oh man...that was the greatest thing ever, lol.
So, anyways. Sister Sloan is from the Downtown Avenues area of Salt Lake City She's awesome! I love my new companion! Of course I miss Sister Hubbard, but it's not like she's really that far away and I just saw her at Zone Conference since we joined with the South Anchorage Zone for our conference.
So, anyways. Sister Sloan is from the Downtown Avenues area of Salt Lake City She's awesome! I love my new companion! Of course I miss Sister Hubbard, but it's not like she's really that far away and I just saw her at Zone Conference since we joined with the South Anchorage Zone for our conference.
The have a set of sisters in the South Zone in Rabbit Creek, they have a set in North Zone in Turnagin, They have to in the Chugach Zone in my area and in Eagle River, they have one set in the Wasilla Zone, one set in the Fairbanks Zone, and one in the Juneau Zone in Ketchikan. So, there are 7 companionships of Sisters in Alaska right now.
Well, I've got to go finish my emailing. Have a fabulous day! I love you!
Love,'chelle




No comments:
Post a Comment