Mail Call!
Sorry it's taken me so long to post this. Here's what Michelle emailed last Monday.
Daddy,
So...today is transfers. I'm being transferred to the Meadow Creek Ward in Eagle River with Sister Preusz who is from Gig Harbor. :D So, here's my new mailing address:
22501 Eagle Glacier Lp
Eagle River, AK 99577
It was really weird to leave my ward yesterday...so weird. They're like my family - I've grown so close to them all. The Beus's are going to swing by and visit next November on their way home from picking up their son from his mission in Tucson, AZ. There's a young man I know in Wasilla who leaves for the Washington Seattle Mission in January..maybe he'll serve in our ward!
Whenever I talk to missionaries, I always like to ask them what they have learned on their missions. In my last email to Michelle, I asked her the same question. Here is her response.
What have I learned?
So much...I've learned how important it is to rely on the Lord...we are small and simple creatures but, with His help we can accomplish great and marvelous things. I loved President Packer's conference talk about the weak and simple things of the kingdom. :D I've also learned more about patience.
I've learned sacrifice.
I've learned how to love more freely.
I've learned how to make Banana Bread...and Apple Crisp(I made my first ever apple crisp yesterday morning when I should've been packing....it was really yummy!). :D What part of my testimony has been strengthened the most?
Well...every part really...but, if I had to say just one I'd say that I've gained a increased testimony that there are no coincidences. We have a Father in Heaven who has a plan for our return to live with Him again. Everything happens for a reason. We are placed in specific places and situations with our specific talents and abilities and personalities for a reason.
Well, Daddy. I'm short on time today...I'll try and write you a letter later today. I love you!
Love,
'chelle




No comments:
Post a Comment