Mail Call!
Here are a few excerpts from Michelle's latest email...
This one is why her P-day was on Wednesday this week:
Hello! :D This week, because of the holiday and our temple trip today, Pday is on Wednesday! :D Yay for starting the day off with a Zone Breakfast at Denny's and then a session at the temple. :D
This is regarding her first Baptism!
I am so excited for this baptism! It got postponed to this weekend because she was scheduled to work on Sunday at 5:30am, but they gave her this Saturday off and then she doesn't work until 3:30pm on Sunday so she'll be able to make it to church to be confirmed. I'm so excited!!!! :D
This is about the Hmong People that they work with up there.
The Hmong work is closely tied in with my ward here. The Hmong people are a nomadic people from southeast Asia, like Laos and those countries. They don't really have a country to claim as their own, but they have a language and a culture all their own. Because they are nomadic they've been pushed from place to place and re-located to many places, one of which is up here in Alaska. I'm sure you could "google" and find out more information. Anyways, I'm sending you my camera card soon and there will be pictures of the Hmong Elders in their traditional Hmong outfits at the Hmong New Year's Celebration last month.
And this is about her not being a "greenie" (new) anymore.
Yay for not being a greenie anymore...although I've heard that I'm a greenie until I stop acting like one...and my trainer said that as long as I still iron things I'll be a greenie, lol. I guess I'll be a greenie forever then...though I only iron the parts of my shirts that will show...
This will make her Grandparents (and parents) proud...
Oh man, did I tell you that I had Moose a while ago for dinner? It was pretty good, we had it as a pot roast. It pretty much tastes like beef. Earlier this week we had King Crab legs at the Terry's house. The Terry's are a Samoan family and there is always SO MUCH food at their house...oh my goodness... I didn't eat a whole lot that night though since I don't really care for crab. I always eat everything though...even the greenbeans....and the mushrooms that EVERYONE seems to put in their spaghetti...what is up with that?!
That's all for now. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them!
This one is why her P-day was on Wednesday this week:
Hello! :D This week, because of the holiday and our temple trip today, Pday is on Wednesday! :D Yay for starting the day off with a Zone Breakfast at Denny's and then a session at the temple. :D
This is regarding her first Baptism!
I am so excited for this baptism! It got postponed to this weekend because she was scheduled to work on Sunday at 5:30am, but they gave her this Saturday off and then she doesn't work until 3:30pm on Sunday so she'll be able to make it to church to be confirmed. I'm so excited!!!! :D
This is about the Hmong People that they work with up there.
The Hmong work is closely tied in with my ward here. The Hmong people are a nomadic people from southeast Asia, like Laos and those countries. They don't really have a country to claim as their own, but they have a language and a culture all their own. Because they are nomadic they've been pushed from place to place and re-located to many places, one of which is up here in Alaska. I'm sure you could "google" and find out more information. Anyways, I'm sending you my camera card soon and there will be pictures of the Hmong Elders in their traditional Hmong outfits at the Hmong New Year's Celebration last month.
And this is about her not being a "greenie" (new) anymore.
Yay for not being a greenie anymore...although I've heard that I'm a greenie until I stop acting like one...and my trainer said that as long as I still iron things I'll be a greenie, lol. I guess I'll be a greenie forever then...though I only iron the parts of my shirts that will show...
This will make her Grandparents (and parents) proud...
Oh man, did I tell you that I had Moose a while ago for dinner? It was pretty good, we had it as a pot roast. It pretty much tastes like beef. Earlier this week we had King Crab legs at the Terry's house. The Terry's are a Samoan family and there is always SO MUCH food at their house...oh my goodness... I didn't eat a whole lot that night though since I don't really care for crab. I always eat everything though...even the greenbeans....and the mushrooms that EVERYONE seems to put in their spaghetti...what is up with that?!
That's all for now. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them!




No comments:
Post a Comment