Mail Call!
More news from the cold front :) Here's the latest with Michelle.
This sound like fun... Not!
Last Wednesday was a wonderful day! :D Zone Activities are great! After emailing we're going to one, we're going to play Blood Sport. Blood Sport is EXTREME dodgeball, every man (or woman) for himself. It's scary and I rarely play...I usually watch because that's entertaining as well. I might be able to convince Elder Cope (ZL) to do Volleyball though, so we'll see.
This is regarding the Baptism of one of their investigators:
The baptism was AWESOME!!! President and Sister Lewis were there along with the APs,(Assistants to the Mission President) the ZLs, (Zone Leaders) the 3 sets of Elders in our district and the Eagle River sisters! There were so many people there from the ward too, it was great!!! :D And we had the closing prayer said in Tagalog by a brother in our ward who served his mission in the Philippines! Yesterday, Dolly was confirmed a member, it was amazing!! I have pictures from her baptism on my memory card that I'll send home soon!
Remember last week when her trainer, Sister Hubbard, told Michelle that she was a greenie because she still ironed her clothes. Well, now who’s calling the kettle black?
lol, it was so funny today! Sister Hubbard ironed her pants and I told her she was still a greenie..lol
The snow… Last week I told her that our snow was finally gone… except for a few mounds here and there which were remnants of snowpeople who gave a valiant fight, but nonetheless came to a slushy death.
Your snow melted and we got at least 6 inches of fresh snow last night. Crazy! No slushy deaths of snowmen here...not many snowmen to begin with really...sad news.
So, back to the “I eat everything I’m served” statement. Apparently there is at least one thing she still avoids…
Yep...I eat everything...although I managed not to get any shrimp in my noodles last week...that was some good maneuvering on my part. :D It's crazy how everyone in Alaska seems to put mushrooms in EVERYTHING! WHY must they torture me so...WHY?!?
Love,'chelleSister BarrettAlaska Anchorage MissionIt's the finest, greatest mission, it's the best!
So, that’s it till next time! Now go write your favorite missionary a letter!
This sound like fun... Not!
Last Wednesday was a wonderful day! :D Zone Activities are great! After emailing we're going to one, we're going to play Blood Sport. Blood Sport is EXTREME dodgeball, every man (or woman) for himself. It's scary and I rarely play...I usually watch because that's entertaining as well. I might be able to convince Elder Cope (ZL) to do Volleyball though, so we'll see.
This is regarding the Baptism of one of their investigators:
The baptism was AWESOME!!! President and Sister Lewis were there along with the APs,(Assistants to the Mission President) the ZLs, (Zone Leaders) the 3 sets of Elders in our district and the Eagle River sisters! There were so many people there from the ward too, it was great!!! :D And we had the closing prayer said in Tagalog by a brother in our ward who served his mission in the Philippines! Yesterday, Dolly was confirmed a member, it was amazing!! I have pictures from her baptism on my memory card that I'll send home soon!
Remember last week when her trainer, Sister Hubbard, told Michelle that she was a greenie because she still ironed her clothes. Well, now who’s calling the kettle black?
lol, it was so funny today! Sister Hubbard ironed her pants and I told her she was still a greenie..lol
The snow… Last week I told her that our snow was finally gone… except for a few mounds here and there which were remnants of snowpeople who gave a valiant fight, but nonetheless came to a slushy death.
Your snow melted and we got at least 6 inches of fresh snow last night. Crazy! No slushy deaths of snowmen here...not many snowmen to begin with really...sad news.
So, back to the “I eat everything I’m served” statement. Apparently there is at least one thing she still avoids…
Yep...I eat everything...although I managed not to get any shrimp in my noodles last week...that was some good maneuvering on my part. :D It's crazy how everyone in Alaska seems to put mushrooms in EVERYTHING! WHY must they torture me so...WHY?!?
Love,'chelleSister BarrettAlaska Anchorage MissionIt's the finest, greatest mission, it's the best!
So, that’s it till next time! Now go write your favorite missionary a letter!




No comments:
Post a Comment