Friday, June 15, 2007



Here's a short letter from Michelle I received last Monday. Sorry it took so long to post.

Daddy,

I haven't been home since 7am since our Zone went on a Hike this morning; it was wicked hard. I couldn't do it, but some of the Elders had ropes so Elder Southworth, who used to be a gymnast/male cheerleader aka he's pretty strong, tied it around his waist and then had me hold on to it and he helped me up the trail. It was really nice of him. Elder Whittington (who is from Pleasantview UTAH!) let me have some of his gatorade and he and Elder Heaton (one of my Zone Leaders) encouraged me all the way up. They were very sweet and they're my favorite Elders right now. :D lol The view where we finally stopped was beautiful (there are pictures) and totally worth the fact that I won't be able to crawl out of bed tomorrow morning. It probably won't help that I spent a couple of hours playing Dodgeball and kickball today too. Pretty much, my Zone is awesome! :D

I love you tons too! :D

Love,
'chelle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiking kicks my butt too! Who is this Elder Whittington I wonder....he's from my stomping grounds! I should investigate. Oh and Chelle's dad,if you read this...I'm turning in my mission papers next month

Chris said...

Raney,

You're turning in your mission papers! That's AWESOME! Let me know when you get your call!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle,
We've been very lazy about dropping you a note, but we are following what you're doing and enjoy this website. We're so glad you are enjoying your mission! We got Caitlin's graduation announcement today, so I started thinking about you. Our prayers are with you always.
Love, Bro & Sis McDaniel

Anonymous said...

hehhehe poor michelle, ya i know how she feels in way, of course climbing walls and all is little different. and yes hi im home, or well for one more week anyways. there sending me to ft. benning georgia