Here's the latest from our favorite missionary.
My Dearest Daddy,
I felt so bad when I remembered [Fathers Day] on Sunday morning...I really meant to send you a card or something...ARGH! I still love you!
I'm glad the girls had fun at the Edward's Family Reunion...that's a bummer that you missed it.
I do remember when Grandma and Grandpa were missionary apartment inspectors. The Senior Missionaries in the office take care of inspections and stuff like that here in Alaska. Hey...are there any Sister Missionaries in our Stake?
Yep, teaching in the summer is rough....but, teaching in the winter is tough too since people are out snowmachining or staying warm down south somewhere...it's not as hard to find people during the winter though. The people we find now though are pretty good.
I'm definitely working on my obedience to certain things. President Lewis tells us all the time that it's natural to think about home and sometimes it's necessary too but, if that's all we think about and we focus on it constantly that's when it's a problem. We can think about home and stuff, as long as we stay focused and I'm doing pretty good about staying focused. T.V. is the WORST though - as a missionary I HATE the T.V.!
My new companion, who I get this afternoon, is Sister Aitken. She's been out for almost a year now and she trained my MTC companion, Sister Pedersen. She's been serving in Fairbanks for the past couple of months. She and I were both trained by Sister Hubbard so we're "sisters."
We get two new Sisters this week but, we also lose two: Sister Moeller and Sister Hubbard. So, we're at the same number of Sisters and will be for awhile. We have atleast one Sister coming out next transfer but, we also have another one leaving.
It is kind of awkward sometimes to try and make friends with the Elders but, I'm finding that, for the most part, it's not awkward on my part. I feel like I've gotten a grasp on my flirtatiousness and that I can just try and "hang out" with the Elders and be friends or whatever. It's pretty cool. The only time it's really awkward is if an Elder or someone else makes it awkward.
Mmmm...BBQ Salmon. I haven't had any BBQ Salmon up here...but I've had it prepared lots of other ways...and Halibut too! :D I love whenever we have fish for dinner at anyone's house, I always get so excited! We had Halibut Tacos 2 or 3 weeks ago and then Halibut Lasagna the following week - it was SO GOOD!! :D
I can't believe that Grandma and Grandpa have been married for 60 years...that's so cool! I still remember when we were preparing for their 50th anniversary!
Well, we've got to head to Anchorage in the next half hour so I better keep replying to emails. We're meeting all the Anchorage Sisters in about 2 hours to do lunch and hang out before transfers, it's going to be fun!
Love,'chelle
I'm assumeing Michelle is staying at the same address. She said she has a new companion, but she didn't say anything about a new address. I'll have her clearify that next week.
Halibut Lasagna... That actually sounds like it might be good! Anyone have a recipe?




No comments:
Post a Comment