Mail Call!
Here's the latest. This is only part of her email, but the whole thing is just so... bubbly!
Daddykins!! :D
Did you know that Alaskans eat more ice cream per capita than anyone else?...crazy little factoid, huh?...that's so weird!
and ice cream is so good...I might have to buy some today...
Sister Aitken and I are doing awesome. Yesterday I made us Strawberry pancakes for breakfast...they were way yummy...I wished I had some yogurt though so I could make yogurt pancakes like you used to do when we were younger. :D We're getting along great though and we're seeing some success. We have a mother and 2 of her kids on date for the 21st...it's one of those stories that always seems to happen to other missionaries...it's awesome! Last Sunday we were going to do some tracting before church. So, we turn down this road and Sister Aitken asked if we had anybody who lived in this area and I said yes, Laura lives here. So, we decided to go visit Laura (Sister Moeller and I and then Sister Aitken and I had been trying to contact her for the past 6 weeks). We pull in to her driveway and there's a car there and the door to the house door is open and a lady comes to the door when we get out of the cars - it's Laura Vazquez! She comes outside and says "Sister missionaries! We're almost ready - we're coming to church today, it starts at 11 right?" We told her it didn't start until 1 so she invited us in and we visited with her and her 9 year old daughter, Gabriela, for a little bit. Then, we had to leave and get something from our apartment before church and they had to finish getting ready.
So, we get to church and they aren't there yet but, they did show up and they sat with us...and they stayed for the whole 3 hours! Gabriela loved primary and she's working on memorizing the Articles of Faith. Laura loved all three hours - she took notes in Sunday School so she could read up on the stuff later. She cried through practically the whole 3 hour block...and she loved Relief Society! She loved getting to know that there were other women out there who know what she's going through with her kids and everything - it was GREAT!
Every time we leave her house we practically have to pinch ourselves because we can hardly believe that this is happening to us....it's so amazing! The Lord has been preparing her for a long time to receive the Gospel...and we are so grateful to be a part of this!
See, transfers here are different. All the companionships who are changing meet at the Eagle River chapel at 3pm on the day of transfers and then we have a little meeting, the people who are going home lead us in the mission song, we move our luggage to our new car and leave to our new area with our new companion. Unless you're going somewhere where you have to fly...like Juneau, Ketchikan, Whitehorse or something like that...then you leave early that morning and fly, by yourself, to your new area...scary!
It is easier to keep my place clean when I have less stuff. I've got a lot of stuff to go through when I get home...
I did have moose - it's way good! I've had moose pot roast, moose meat loaf...we have moose steaks in the freezer...it's good stuff. :D
Well, my Daddy, have a fantabulous week! Your card finally went out on Saturday (I think...). I put it in the mailbox Wednesday night, but the mailman didn't come around again until Saturday...
Well, I've got a few more emails to do and then we've got to jet out of here - we have a TON to do today...
Love ya!
Love,
'chelle



No comments:
Post a Comment