Monday, July 02, 2007

Mail Call!


Here's the latest from Michelle. She's still at the same address but has a new companion.

Daddy,

Did I tell you what President Lewis said when I got my last transfer call? He told me that they were very impressed with how well I was doing and they've noticed that I'm making myself available and that I probably won't stay a Junior for very much longer...crazy!

I've been working really hard this week. I'd heard that Sister Aitken is super obedient and a really hard worker so I wanted to make sure that I was being like that when she got here so she wouldn't have to drag me along. It's been a tiring week, but it feels so good! I'm so glad that I made this decision to come out and serve a mission - it's such a neat experience! :D Right now we live in the coveted Wasilla apartment...we have a washer and dryer, two full bathrooms and a garage. :D Our's is second only to the "Celestial Kingdom" which is a mother-in-law apartment at a member's house. Slowly, but surely, they are going to start moving as many missionaries world wide as they can in with the members to cut down on the cost.

Yeah, I really don't have too much trouble with thinking about home. I've never really gotten homesick. It is an adventure and I'm pretty good at adjusting to things...the only thing I don't like about being transfered is having to pack and unpack everything....

I miss music too...but I have lots of good stuff to listen to so I'm good. I also really miss Harry Potter...it's everywhere and it's driving me crazy. I can wait a year though so I'll be okay as long as nobody spoils the 7th book for me. :D

I'm going to pass off my first lesson this week though...I'm pretty excited. :D

Apartment inspections are a joy... Really though, I'm a lot better at keeping my stuff organized and clean when I'm living with someone else who isn't related to me...kinda weird...but true. :D

Yep, Sister Hubbard and Sister Moeller are both home in the lower 48 now. It wasn't too hard to say goodbye...she's going on to the next mission in her life and I've still got this one to finish. It's all good. She did email me though...she went out for like 5 hours with the Sister Missionaries this past week..lol.

Halibut Lasagna was so good! It was with a white sauce...yumm! We just had halibut tacos at another member's house this week. This time the halibut was breaded and the sauce was mayonaise, white vinegar, water, cilantro, jalepeno, and garlic all blended up...it was actually pretty good. It had just enough kick to make your mouth tingle. :D I'll see what I can do about getting recipes for you. :D Speaking of food : Last night I had a bear. We had bear sausage spaghetti. It was pretty good. I don't think I'd eat plain bear, but it was good in the spaghetti.

The weather this past week has been pretty good...well, good to me. It's been overcast and rainy and in the 50s...I love it! :D That's awesome that you look forward to Sundays...I used to too. Now, Sunday is the most stressful day of the week. I look forward to Mondays....:D

My new companion is awesome! Sister Aitken and I were both trained by Sister Hubbard...so we're sisters! :D She's from American Fork, Utah and she turns 25 this year. Her year mark is on the 5th of this month. She actually trained Sister Pedersen. :D She's awesome though and we're gonna tear it up this transfer! We're so excited! I guess she actually prayed that she would come to Wasilla and be my companion...she said she needs someone happy and upbeat like me....awesome, huh?

Well, I've got to finish my emails so we can go shopping and then I have to write like 5 letters...yikes!

I love you and Happy Birthday!!

Love,
'chelle

No comments: