Mail Call!
Here's the latest. Sorry it took so long to post. It sounds like she's doing well.I'm pretty excited to be with Sister Avalos - she's a neat sister. We're going to have lots of fun together here in Sand Lake. The ward seems really nice [we met them yesterday but, we hardly remember anyone's names] and they're excited to have sisters. We've already had several people come up and tell us they'd love to come out with us to teach lessons! :D Now we just need to find good people to teach. There are a whole slew of potential investigators that need to be recontacted and a lot of formers for us to check up on. All that, along with the hour of tracting they want us to do each day, should really help the area take off.
Our District is pretty cool. Our District Leader is from Canada and he just spent the last couple of months out on Kodiak Island. Two of the other Elders in our District are ones that I've served around before out in Wasilla, one of them is my former District Leader out there.
It brings me joy to teach the Gospel and watch others accept it because I know how much joy it's brought to my life and it's exciting to watch others get that joy in their lives. When we were working with Marci out in Wasilla she commented on how when we came over she felt peaceful and happy for awhile after we left - they could feel that spirit and that joy in their home - that's so exciting to see people recognize that! :D When people reject it I get sad for a minute but, they have their agency so I can't really fret too much about it. Someone out there, somewhere, does want what we have and we have to get to work and find that person.
Sometimes it's actually kind of comical when we get rejected; i.e. Yesterday we were doing some tracting and this lady answered the door and said it wasn't a good time. As she was closing the door and we were walking away we could here the man inside yelling at us to go away. Then, once we were down the stairs and headed to the next apartment he came outside and was yelling at us not to come back. I think he must have been medicated or something because he sounded a little slurred. It was comical though because here's this overweight man who is atleast half naked, potentially drunk or medicated and he's yelling/slurring at us not to come back to his house again [we didn't really look enough to see if he was completely naked or not... it's one of those things we figured we were better off not knowing]. It was pretty amusing though and gave us a good laugh later. :) I guess it is a little different now when they reject our message than it was at the beginning of my mission. I think at the beginning of my mission I took it more personally but, now I know they're not rejecting me, they're rejecting the Savior and that makes me sad. It's easier to get over now though - I just have to remember that we all have our agency and that I gave them the opportunity to accept the Gospel...now it's in their hands.
Love,
'chelle



1 comment:
my michi is to cute in that photo^^, she finally wrote to me and i was so excited for her letter but ive been so busy i havent had time to write back, she probably wont get it till she gets here ahhhaha.
Post a Comment