Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tranfers...

I got a short email today from Michelle! It was a really nice surprise. They let them check their email today since they haven't been able to for the last two Mondays. Michelle says things are going great up there. She is really enjoying the work.

The big news is that Monday the 8th is transfer day. She'll find out this Saturday if she's going to be transferred on Monday. She really likes Sister Hubbard and they get along really well. She would like to stay with her for at least another transfer, but is prepared to move on if that's what the Lord wants her to do.

So... if anyone is planning to send packages or letters you might want to wait and see if she gets a new address. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what kind of transfer? like somewere else in alaska, or just somewere else?

Chris said...

Oh, sorry. I guess I should explain. Every six weeks they have what they call "transfers" in the mission. That's when they do rearranging of the missionaries within the mission. Sometimes you move to another area in the mission and sometimes you stay where you are. Usually, if you get transferred, you also get a new companion. Sometimes you get a new companion even if you stay where you are.

So, to sum it up, every six weeks there is a chance Michelle will be moved somewhere else within the mission. Most likely she won't move every time.

Anonymous said...

aw ok